3396 FB

黄马褂

发表于 2020-10-20 22:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
牧游社 牧有汉化翻译

DD #99: Vitruvius and How We Work
Braindrift, Recruit

Hello,
大家吼!

First of all, I must address how much I love to see all the appetite for upcoming updates here. Merging in as a new team, it means the world to us knowing that we are working on content for a game that people are enthusiastic and care about. As some of you have pointed out, we've been at it for about 9 months, so obviously we got something cooking for you that we think will add a new and interesting dimension to I:R. As a matter of fact, what we have in store for you is so far unprecedented in any of our other GSGs, and we think it will be a perfect addition to the I:R setting.
首先我必须表示,我是多么欣喜能在论坛这里看到这些对即将到来的更新的期待。作为一个新合并而成的团队,这对我们来说意味着我们所处的世界知道,我们正在为一个大家所热衷和关心的游戏而努力开发内容。正如你们中的一些人所指出的那样,我们已经开发了大约9个月,所以很明显,我们会为你们准备一些我们认为会给IR增加新鲜感和有趣感的内容。事实上,我们为你们准备的东西在我们其他任何一个大战略游戏中都是前所未有的,我们认为这将是对IR的一个完美补充。

However, we can't uncover this piece of work just yet, but we're getting close. What I can reveal though, is that 1.6 Vitruvius will come as an update together with a DLC pack, and that it will come soon. Obviously not soon enough, but soon.
不过,我们现在还不能揭开我们工作的面纱,不过我们已经接近完成了。我可以透露的是,1.6版本号维特鲁威Vitruvius将作为更新包与一个DLC包一起推出,而且很快就会发布——虽然还不够快,但已经算很快的了。

We know you wonder what we are working on, there's been a few rocks in our path, but we feel confident that it’ll be a great update worth waiting for.​
我们知道你很好奇我们在做什么,在我们前进的道路上有一些麻烦,但我们有信心这将是一个值得期待的伟大更新。

So, with that taken off the agenda, what should we do today then?
那么,我们今天不谈新版本的内容,那我们今天谈些什么呢?

What I can take you through is something about the process of working with a parallel development stream to what the team in Stockholm have been doing.
我可以带你了解的是一些关于平行开发流程的工序,这是斯德哥尔摩的团队一直在做的事情。

As we showed in the team intro DD last Thursday, our Thalassic team has grown, with 3 new people coming in just the last couple of weeks (and oh boy, those additions are both welcome and needed) but for the main part of this project, we've been two coders, one 3D artist, one 2D artist, one content designer, one game designer and one coffee maker.. or producer I mean. We’ve also been supported by our in-house technical artist from time to time, but for the bulk of the project we've been 6 people in the production + 1 producer.
正如我们在上周四团队介绍的开发日志中所展示的那样,我们Paradox Thalassic团队已经发展壮大了,在过去的几周里就有3个新人加入(哦孩子,这些加入的人都是受欢迎的,也是被需要的),但是在这个项目的主要部分,我们一直是2个编码员、1个3D艺术家、1个2D艺术家、1个内容设计师、1个游戏设计师和1个咖啡师……我的意思是说监制。我们也时常得到内部技术美工的支持,但在这个项目的大部分时间里,我们一直是6个人在制作+1个监制。

The project started with Jamor and Arheo visiting us down in Malmö. This was before Corona times, and people could carelessly travel around the world in trains or airplanes without a second thought about it. It's not even been a year since, still those times feel so ancient and distant already. Stockholm and Malmö are roughly 4-5 hours apart by train including transfers, or 1-2 hours by plane, so when needed it was really easy for us to meet up in person. In this case, this gave us a great kick off as none of us had worked closely with each other on previous projects before this. We had some pea soup and pancakes, as is tradition in Sweden on Thursdays, then we bounced around ideas on what a suitable project would be for us, that would fit all of the criterias we had set up.
这个项目始于JamorArheo到马尔默拜访我们。那是在新冠疫情之前,人们可以毫无顾忌地乘坐火车或飞机周游世界。距离现在还不到一年,但感觉那个时代已经是那么古老和遥远了。斯德哥尔摩和马尔默坐火车(包括转车)大概要花4-5个小时,坐飞机的话要花1-2个小时,所以我们在有必要的时候真的很容易就可以见面。在这种条件下,我们有了一个很好的开端,因为在这之前,我们都没有在以前的项目中紧密合作过。我们享用了一些豌豆汤和薄饼,这也是瑞典的传统,然后我们讨论了一下对我们来说怎样的项目算是合适的,能够符合我们设定的所有标准。

It had to be something that could be worked on in parallel with what the team in Stockholm would be working on, without having us interfering too much with each other's areas. It had to be something that facilitated the skillset we had down in Malmö, making use of both 2D and 3D art, as well as code and design. It had to be possible to complete within a year, given the small team-size we had available, which in comparison was about a quarter of the size of the Stockholm team. Last, but also most importantly, it had to be something that expanded on I:R in a natural way, something that would fit seamlessly into the existing game. There's also been an external criteria of utilizing more of the developer competences that can be found in Sweden, and as Malmö have grown into a game dev mecca over the last few years, we saw this as a great opportunity for trying out a new way of bringing more content to I:R without going through some of the hassle required to expand the team in Stockholm.
这个项目必须与斯德哥尔摩团队的工作同步进行,同时又不会对彼此的领域造成过多的干扰。它必须能够用上我们马尔默团队的能力,利用我们的2D和3D美工,以及代码和设计的能力。考虑到我们的团队规模较小,只有斯德哥尔摩团队规模的四分之一,因此这个项目必须能够在一年内完成。最后,也是最重要的一点,它必须要以自然的方式扩展IR的内容,能够无缝地融入到现有的游戏中。还有一个外部的标准,就是要能够利用更多在瑞典的游戏开发者的能力,而马尔默在过去几年中已经成长为一个游戏开发的圣地,我们认为这是一个很好的机会,可以尝试以一种新的方式来为IR带来更多的内容,而免去扩大斯德哥尔摩团队所带来的麻烦。

Soon also on your computer​
很快你的电脑上也会有。

Given those criteria, we discarded a couple of the more exotic ideas before zooming in on the strongest candidate, one that we in the Thalassic team immediately felt a huge appetite for. The idea itself came from Arheos backlog of features and improvements he would like to have added to the game. While the rest of the team familiarized themselves with the code base and art pipeline, Mårten and I drew up some design fundamentals that I later made a functional prototype out of in Unity. This helped us to efficiently communicate how the feature would work as everyone could see it and fiddle around with it, which gave us a clear and aligned idea of how this feature should be constructed. Arheo could give us the go ahead very early on, as he could see that we headed off in a direction that he was comfortable with.
考虑到这些标准,我们放弃了几个比较异想天开的想法,然后将目光聚焦在最强的“候选者”身上,这个想法立刻使我们Paradox Thalassic团队感到跃跃欲试。这个想法本身就来自Arheo积压的那些他希望添加到游戏中的功能和改进。当团队其他成员熟悉代码库和美术流程时,我和Mårten起草了一些设计基础,后来我在Unity中制作了一个功能原型。这帮助我们有效地沟通了这个游戏特性的工作原理,因为每个人都可以看到它并摆弄它,这让我们对这个游戏特性应该如何构建有了一个清晰和统一的想法。Arheo在很早的时候就给了我们首肯,因为他看到我们的开发方向是他所喜欢的。

From that point forward it was business as usual with a steady sprint pacing for us in the Thalassic dev team, each sprint is a two week segment where we break out a number of functions that we add to the feature. Me and Arheo started to have alignments whenever we saw the need for it, sometimes several times a week, but usually at least on a weekly basis. We also got great support from the Stockholm team that answered any of our questions and helped us out as much as needed to get through the initial learning curve for getting up and running independently with working on I:R.
从那时候开始,我们Paradox Thalassic开发团队就像往常一样,有一个稳定的冲刺节奏,每次冲刺都是为期两周的一段时间,在这段时间里,我们会把一些功能分解出来,加入到游戏特性中。我和Arheo开始在有需要的时候就碰头,有时一周几次,但通常至少每周一次。我们还得到了斯德哥尔摩团队的大力支持,他们回答了我们的任何问题,并尽可能地帮助我们度过最初的学习曲线,以便独立地开始和运做IR的开发工作。

There were a few hiccups on the way of course, which is normal in all types of development. In larger teams there is usually both bandwidth and expertise to tackle these types of challenges in a straightforward way. For our 6 person crew we had to solve it by going outside of our regular proficiencies and comfort zones sometimes. Our 3D artist has worked closely with coders to figure out our specific needs on the rendering pipeline and similar technical requirements on our art setups, which have given her a solid insight into the tech art department. My co-designer who is usually on the game design side of things, has delved into scripting and writing which have evolved him immensely in these areas. The 2D artist who is normally doing concept art and drawings, doubled up with a large amount of UI work to compensate for our lack of an in-house UX/UI artist. Coders have been trucking on like machines through this whole process and have had to juggle both the normal implementation of functions, while also supporting the rest of us with tech issues, script functions support, creating builds and a number of similar details that can normally be spread out on a number of people in larger teams.
当然,途中也有一些小插曲,这在所有形式的游戏开发过程中都是正常的。在较大的团队中,通常有资源和专家来直接解决此类挑战。但对于我们这个6人团队来说,我们有时不得不跳出我们惯常的熟练领域和舒适区来解决这些问题。我们的3D艺术家与程序猿密切合作,弄清了我们在渲染工序上的具体需求,以及在美术设定上的类似技术要求,这让她对技术美工这个部门有了扎实的了解。我的合作设计师平时是做游戏设计方面的工作,但他也深入研究了脚本和写作,这让他在这些方面有了很大的发展。平时负责概念美术和绘图的2D美术师,也承担了大量的UI工作,以弥补我们内部UX/UI美术人员的不足。在整个过程中,程序猿们就像机器一样不停地运转,既要兼顾正常的功能实装,又要为我们其他人员提供技术问题、脚本功能方面的支持,还要创建内部build版本和一些类似细节,而这些工作通常在大团队中可以分散到很多人身上。

We're currently working hard on carving out the final building blocks of this monumental update​
目前,我们正在努力开发这次重大更新的最后一部分。

I think these are the kind of things I feel proudest about from working with this team on this project. Having people stepping up, going above and beyond themselves to deliver, taking on challenges that may not always be within their comfort zone. It's been pretty cool to see each member grow with each and all of these challenges; in many aspects we're a whole different kind of team now than when we started working on this. I can also say that we've been able to achieve all of this without going too crazy on overtime. Maybe we've been close to overworking our coders a few times, but Lars has already added two programmers to our team which will be a great relief to spread out some of the responsibilities over. Work-life balance is something we take very seriously at Paradox, and we also have to abide to Swedish law about regulated extra hours. Sometimes this means that we'll push a deadline forward, but it also makes it possible for us to continue doing this in the long run. I'm probably quite biased of course, but in my opinion it shows so well in the final result how much effort, passion and sheer will my teammates have put into this delivery, now we're just anxiously looking forward to placing it all in your hands.
我想这是我和这个团队在这个项目工作时感到最自豪的事情。大家挺身而出,超越自己去完成任务,接下可能并不总是在他们舒适区的各种挑战。看到每个成员在这些挑战中成长,我觉得非常酷。在很多方面来说,我们现在都是一个与我们开始工作时完全不同的团队。我也可以说,我们是在没有太疯狂加班的情况下实现这一切的。也许我们已经有几次让我们的程序猿超负荷工作了,但是Lars已经给我们的团队增加了两个程序猿,这很令人宽慰,我们可以把一些职责分散过去。在Paradox,我们非常重视工作与生活的平衡,我们也必须遵守瑞典法律关于加班时间的规定。有时,这意味着我们会把deadline往前提,但这也使我们有可能在长时段内持续保持开发。当然,我可能有些偏颇,但在我看来,最终的结果很好地显示了我的团队成员在这次新版本开发中付出了多少努力、激情和意志,现在我们只是焦急地期待着将这一切交到你们手中。

A selection of new event images​
新事件图片选集

I know I joked about Lars just making coffee for us in the beginning of this post, but it's probably worth mentioning that besides driving the producer role, which on its own is a rather large undertaking, he's also doubling up as studio manager, and as part of that looking at the long term strategy for Paradox Thalassic. During the last couple of months, that strategy has mainly been about scaling us up to a reasonable size, so that we don't have to go too crazy on any of the work we have ahead of us. This means that he's been in an insane amount of recruitment interviews for him, to find the right candidates that we want to add to our team. There's still a couple of open positions you can find on Paradox's recruitment site, especially for content designers that want to nerd out in the classical era.
我知道在这篇文章的开头,我开玩笑说Lars只是在为我们煮咖啡,但可能值得一提的是,除了监制的角色(这本身就是一个相当大的任务),他还兼任工作室经理,作为其职责的一部分,他还在研究Paradox Thalassic的长期战略。在过去的几个月里,这个战略主要是将我们的规模扩大到一个合理的范围,这样我们就不用在任何工作上过于疯狂。这意味着,他一直在进行疯狂的招聘面试,以找到我们想要加入到团队里的合适人选。在Paradox的招聘网站上,你还可以找到几个空缺的职位,尤其适合那些想在古典时代窝着的内容设计师。

Next week we'll give you a full feature breakdown, going through all the juicy information you've been waiting for, we just got a few more details that we need to iron out before pushing the big reveal button.
下周我们带来完整的游戏特性详解,浏览一遍所有你一直在等待的干货消息。只不过在我们按下揭露的大按钮之前,我们还需要熨平一些细节。

翻译:一只走地鸡
校对:斯普特尼克 三等文官猹中堂

欢迎关注斗鱼主播小牧Phenix!
欢迎关注牧游社微信公众号和知乎专栏!微信公众号近期改版为信息流,欢迎置顶订阅不迷路,即时获得推送消息!
欢迎加入牧有汉化,致力于为玩家社群提供优质内容!翻译人员募集中!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

上校

积分
威望
金圆券
458 PB
小红花
臭鸡蛋
法币
0 FB

博学勋章帝国黄马甲

发表于 2020-10-21 13:43 | 显示全部楼层
大佬是B站上做施佩尔德国和美国解说的那位吗?原来还是汉化组的,tql
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|52PCGame

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 15:00 , Processed in 0.042424 second(s), 17 queries , Redis On.