臭鸡蛋
法币
3396 FB

黄马褂

发表于 2020-5-20 15:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
牧游社 牧有汉化翻译

Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 18 May 2020
Jamor, Imperator: Rome Producer

Disclaimer: the first bit of this DD talks about the internal nuts and bolts operation of a dev team itself, not game features. If that doesn't interest you, you can safely skip to the second portion with the gameplay screenshots.
温馨提示:这篇开发日志的前半部分会琐碎地讲述开发团队内部的运行机制,而与游戏内容无关。如果你对此不感兴趣的话,欢迎直接跳到包含游戏截图的第二部分。

Hi all. Jamor here with this week's Imperator dev diary. Some of you may be wondering, "who's this dude, he's not Arheo or Trin Tragula?". Well, I could never step in to those inimitable shoes, but I am in fact the producer of Imperator: Rome.
大家吼啊。我是Jamor,给各位带来的是本周的帝皇:罗马开发日志。或许你们中的一些人会纳闷:“这位老哥是谁,ArheoTrin Tragula又在哪?”当然,我绝对无意取代他们,但实际上我是帝皇:罗马的制作人。

Now what does that mean, exactly? Often I see people mixing up the roles of Game Director, Technical Lead, and Producer when talking about our teams. This is entirely understandable since in the old days, when PDS was a lot smaller, the roles were often combined in one person. However, when a game and the company as a whole gets to a certain size and complexity, it pays to get specialization of effort. Here's what Arheo (GD), Egladil (Tech Lead), and I do:
准确来讲这到底是什么意思呢?因为我经常发现,各位在讨论我们的游戏开发团队时,会把游戏总监Game Director、技术主管Technical Lead和制作人Producer这三种职位弄混。这自然是可以理解的,毕竟在以前PDS规模还很小的时候,通常会由一个人同时身兼这三种身份。然而,当一个游戏及其背后的公司发展到一定规模与复杂程度之后,将职责细分是很有益的。下面就为大家介绍一下我和Arheo(游戏总监),Egladil(技术主管)三个人分别的职责:

Game Director: the owner of the creative vision for the project. Head of Design. Decides 'what' we are going to try to do.
游戏总监:项目创意愿景的所有者。主设计师。决定我们接下来该做“什么”的人。

Tech Lead: runs the technical implementation of the game, all its features and under the hood systems. Leads and organizes the work of the programmers. Master of the innumerable builds and branches we maintain, figuring out when to merge branches in to the main trunk, all that stuff. Figures out the 'how' part of carrying out the goals set by the GD.
技术主管:负责游戏的技术实装、全部特性以及内部系统。领导并组织程序员的工作。我们在游戏程序中还在维护的数不胜数的游戏版本和分支的管理者,会决定将各分支合并进程序主干的时间,以及所有这类的事情。是考虑“怎么”实现游戏总监设定的目标的人。

Producer: in charge of time and budget. Making sure we put all the pieces of the puzzle together, programming, design, art, writing, script, localization, audio, backend and store pages for all the various places our game is sold, so we can get a video game product out the door and in to your hands. The slave of time, the one resource that once spent, can never be got back. Decides on the 'how much, and when'.
制作人:管理项目时间和预算。确保游戏团队将拼图的各个部分都有序放好:编程、设计、美工、文本、脚本、本地化、音频、后端,以及各种各样游戏销售平台的商店页面。如此一来我们才能将游戏发行出去并交到你的手上。制作人是时间的奴隶,因为时间一旦被消耗就再也回不来了。是决定要花“多少钱,多少时间”的人。

We have a lot of autonomy within the dev teams at PDS compared to other parts of the industry. This triumvirate makes most of the tactical decisions about the project, where we settle on a scope that's deliverable with the time and resources we have. My colleague Shams Jorjani likes to say that "ideas are cheap", and he's 100% right: good ideas are the absolute easiest part. Everyone has them. The mind freed from any practical constraints and operating purely in the realm of unfettered imagination is an incredibly creative thing. When we get back to reality though, we have to have the self-discipline to temper our exuberant dreams in to something that is shippable with the team and time slots we actually have, in the real world where deadlines and interdependencies and team bandwidth exist. If we said "yes" to everything, we might ship a perfect, world-changing video game in 2058, but the lights would be off a lot sooner than that. That's where I come in.
相较于游戏产业内的其他地方而言,PDS内的各个开发团队有着极大的自主权。根据现有的时间和资源对应的产出,大多数和项目有关的决策都是由我们三巨头制定的。我的同事Shams Jorjani常说:“点子是廉价的”,这百分百正确,因为提出好点子从来都是项目中最简单的那部分。好主意谁都有。抛开一切现实的桎梏与技术的限制后,我们那承载了无拘无束想象力的心灵有着无与伦比的创造力。但当你回到现实时,回到我们那彼此依靠的团队中后,回到有着死线与资源限制的项目中后,我们就必须要有自制力,以便我们将那些天马行空的梦想转化为可以传达给团队并能在有限时间内执行的方案。如果我们对所有主意都说“好”,那我们或许可以在2058年造出一个改变世界的完美的电子游戏,但我们绝对会在那之前就灯枯油尽。这就是我要出场的地方了。

So what does all this mean and why is this guy taking up a DD slot?
所以这到底是什么意思呢?为什么这老哥要占用开发日志的空间去讲这些?

First answer is, Arheo, Egladil and the rest of the team are working on finishing up 1.5 Menander, and I want them to have maximum focus on that right now. But also –
第一个答案是,ArheoEgladil和剩下的团队成员正在努力完成1.5版本号米南德Menander更新的收尾内容,而我希望他们将最多的注意力都集中在那上面。但同时——

The big reason:
我讲这些的最大原因是:

Subject progression, the system of evolving relationships between overlord and subject that we announced in the first overview of Menander, is cut from 1.5.
附庸国进度内容,也就是那个我们在总览米南德Menander更新的开发日志中提到过的,关于领主和附庸国间不断发展的关系的系统,被从1.5版本号中移除了。

In my role, I have to keep on top of project scope. What that means is, do we have the people, time, and capacity from our supporting teams (like DevOps, Product Launch, QA, Art, Audio, Localization), and general ability to ship this update with this feature set? Can we hit a date that has to be agreed with external partners like the digital stores we're on, months in advance?
纵观项目的全局是我的职责。也就是说,我必须考虑我们的人力、时间、支援团队(比如开发运维、产品投放、质检、美工、音频、本地化相关团队)的能力,和我们的综合实力是否足以在更新中加入附庸进度这项内容,以及我们是否能在与电商等外部合作伙伴数月前就规定好的时间内上线这次更新。

If upon digging in to implementation and finding out that we were too ambitious with our desired content for the release, the answer becomes plainly "no", I have to step in and reduce scope. Sometimes, sadly, that means cutting a feature. We always try to do this before it is announced to you, the fans, but there's a constant conflict between wanting to avoid building false expectations versus wanting to meet the demand for news about future content. In this case, we announced the feature, then when we got in to implementation found out the 1.5 update was going to be heavier than we thought. So, unfortunately, something had to come out. That's when duty obliges me to put on the black hat and get the chopping hatchet out. It's disappointing for us as much as you, but now at least you know who to be cranky at. It's not my game director, tech lead, or anyone else on the dev team, nor on the biz side of the company. Odd fate decreed it would be me, an old QA guy and fan of more than a decade. But as we say, "it is what it is".
如果在仔细考虑了实现难度后,发现我们所设想的更新内容的野心太大的话,那这两个问题的答案自然就是“不”,而我就必须介入来缩减更新的规模。很遗憾,有时这种缩减就意味着删除某项内容。我们总是希望在向玩家公布游戏内容之前就经历完这个步骤,但向来矛盾的就是,我们既不希望玩家对我们有错误的期盼,又希望能完成日志中画的所有饼。这次,我们发布了新的内容,但当我们到实装阶段时,我们才发现1.5版本号的工作要远远比我们 想象中更为繁重。所以很不幸,确实得移除一些内容。这种时候,我受职责所迫,就必须拿出我的短柄小斧并担负起唱黑脸的工作了。对于这次的删减,我们与你们同样失望,但现在你们起码知道要该对谁发火。不是我们的游戏总监、技术主管,或者其他团队内的任何成员,更不是我们公司的商务部门和资本家,而是被诡异的命运所选中的我,这么一个年老的产品质检员和超过十年的P社粉丝。不过嘛,正如常说的那样:“命运就是如此。”

As a long time Paradox fan who moved halfway around the world after playing our games since HOI2, I gotta tell you, cutting sucks. I'm a gamer too, and I want the cool thing in as much as anyone. But if that cool thing puts us over capacity, to the point where I'd have to ship it with terrible quality or at too harsh a cost on my team's well being, I gotta cut it. There's a saying in the games industry, that you have to be ready to kill your babies: what they mean by that is, working in this creative field that is ruled by practical limitations of time and resources, you have to be prepared to delay, shrink, or cut your features sometimes. It's just like any other thing in life where hopes meet reality.
作为P社老粉丝,同时也是在玩过钢铁雄心2后跨越大半个地球成为P社员工的人,我必须得说,削减游戏内容真的很难受。我也是个玩家,我也和大家一样希望炫酷的游戏内容越多越好。但假如这些炫酷的内容超过了我们所能负荷的工作量,以至于最后的成果质量很糟糕,或者开发工作严重影响团队成员的身心健康的话,我就必须得削掉它。游戏业界有句名言,说的是你得做好杀死自己孩子的准备,意思就是在这个创造性行业工作是要受时间与资源的现实限制的,而你必须随时准备好延期、缩减或移除你的游戏内容。这就和人生中的大多数事情一样,希望是要与现实碰撞的。

What does this mean? Is subject progression gone forever? Probably not, in fact. As you might know, Imperator is trying out a new mode of releases for PDS. We aim to do smaller but more frequent updates compared to the massive once or twice a year things our other games have traditionally done. I'll tell you the same thing I told my guys, when I ran the numbers and things didn't fit: this feature is very cool, and it deserves better than to be rushed out with poor quality. We'll pause it for now, and come back to it in a future release when we have the time and resources to do it justice, and make something the fans deserve. With this new style of more frequent updates, that might not be too far off in the future, wherever we can make it fit. For now, our focus will be on getting 1.5 fun, stable, and playable by all of you in time for the summer vacation period.
所以这意味着什么?附庸进度系统会永远移除吗?实际上,这大概率是不会的。正如你们所知道的那样,帝皇:罗马正在试着用一种新的模式来发布PDS产品。与P社其他游戏那种传统的一年一两次大更的形式不同,我们的目标是更小但更加密集的更新。这是我在算了算账并发现事情不妙后对我的组员们说的原话:“这个内容很棒,但仓促赶工只会毁了它,它值得我们花更多的时间”。暂时我们会暂停这项内容的开发,并在未来的更新中继续,那时我们会有时间和资源去更好地展现它,做出让粉丝们都满意的东西。在这种全新的密集更新形式下,那应该不是什么很遥远的事情,我们会尽力将这项内容安排上的。而现在,我们将致力于让大家都能在暑假玩上欢乐而稳定的1.5版本号游戏,就是这样。

So. I know this has been a bit of a departure from the normal DD, but I hope this glimpse in to the reality of production has been illuminating for you. I'll try to answer the questions I can in the thread.
我明白,这有点偏离寻常开发日志的主题,但我希望这篇对开发现状的简叙能给您带来一点启发。我会试着在这篇帖子内回答所有我能回答的问题。

If you want to hear more about my mindset and techniques in production, the delicate art of balancing creativity and reality, here’s a talk I did at PDXCon 2018:
如果你们希望更多知道我在制作游戏时的观念和技巧,也就是我如何巧妙平衡创意与现实的话,这是我在2018年PDXCon上做的一个演讲:

Applying Military Principles to Game Development
在游戏开发中运用军事理论
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGA6K8c8WTI

Also, to soften the blow a bit, here's a message from our Game Director about some cool stuff that is going in to 1.5 Menander:
此外,为了稍稍缓和一下气氛,下面有请我们的游戏总监来介绍些会在1.5版本号米南德Menander更新中出现的好东西:

This week will not be lacking any feature reveal however, as I show you a small project I've been working on in response to many of the comments about pops and pop-classes, that I read following the reveal of the nobles poptype and cultural integration.
然而,这周将不会缺少新内容的介绍,我会向你们展示一个我正在忙活的小项目,我在发布完贵族人口和文化整合的内容后读到很多有关人口和人口阶层的评论,这个项目就是用来回应这些评论的。

The trade module of the game is something that I believe has the potential to augment the pops system considerably, and should be vital to a functioning empire. In its current form, however, trade can be hard to get into, difficult to rationalize, and fails to accurately portray the sheer economic power behind goods such as dyes and spices.
我认为游戏中的贸易模块应该具有极大地增强人口系统的潜力,并且对一个运转良好的帝国至关重要。但是,当前形式下的贸易系统很难发挥我所期待的作用,难以使之合乎逻辑,并且也无法准确地描绘出染料和香料等商品背后的巨大经济力量。

What this is -not-, however, is a full trade rework. Though there may be a time to cover trade in such a manner, the purpose of this small redesign is to both integrate trade to the pops system in a more rational way, and to add some variety to tradegoods while culling some of the modifier duplication.
然而,这并不代表着要完全重做贸易系统。虽然使贸易系统达到上述目标可能需要一段时间,但进行这次小规模重新设计的目的是在于以一种更合理的方式把贸易整合进人口系统,而且也试图增加一些贸易商品的种类,同时剔除一些重复的修正。

贵族
贵族产出大量的研究,以绿色高亮显示。
每位贵族也对省份内的贸易路线的数量有很大影响。

As you can see here, nobles (and citizens) will now be responsible for flexing their buying power, contributing to the number of trade routes present in a province. This value will directly correlate to the number of citizens and nobles, and will not take pop happiness into account.
正如你所看到的,现在贵族(和公民)负责扩大他们的购买力,从而增加省份内现有的贸易路线。这项数值与公民和贵族的数量直接相关,并且不会受到人口幸福度的影响。

Commerce generation has been removed from pops, with the aim being to use trade routes to generate wealth and to keep pops happy. Nobles currently produce a significant amount of research, and play an important part in the tech system; with a moderate number of nobles doing the lion's share of the work in contributing to state research. Their happiness however, will still be a significant hurdle to overcome.
我们把商业产出从人口中移除,目的是使用贸易路线来创造财富并保持人口幸福。目前贵族会产出大量的研究,并在科技系统中发挥重要的作用。数量不多的贵族为国家的科技研究做出了绝大部分的贡献。然而,他们的幸福度仍然是难以克服的障碍。

当前贸易进口
- 来自马其顿的玻璃
- 来自俄雷塔尼亚的贵金属
- 来自俄雷塔尼亚的贵金属
- 来自本都科洛佩涅的铁
- 来自大凯撒里亚的毛里塔尼亚的橄榄
- 来自北盖图利亚的木材
- 来自北撒丁尼亚的酒
可能的进口贸易路线数量:
大国:+2.00
许可贸易:+2.00
来自人口:+3.00

Old buildings have been slightly repurposed to augment the number of trade routes that you'll get from pops in a city, and work is ongoing to redefine how provincial investments will apply to the trade module.
我们还对原有的建筑作了轻微的调整,来增加你从城市人口中获得的贸易路线,而且用来重新定义省份投资该如何应用于贸易模块的工作已正在进行。

Is that it? Certainly not.
这就完了吗?当然不是。

What about trade goods themselves? Well, most goods will now contribute a small amount to the happiness of a poptype, and will be categorized as such:
贸易商品本身呢?好吧,现在大多数的商品会稍微影响某个人口种类的幸福度,并且按照如下归类:

食物:谷物 盐 鱼 牲畜 蜂蜜 蔬菜
贵族:纸莎草 布 染料 大理石 熏香 丝绸
公民:琥珀 香料 贵金属

纸莎草
本地贵族幸福度:+4.00%
首都盈余:
民政科技投资:+5.00%
基本贸易值:0.40
文明世界的绝大部分都使用蜡片,蚀刻版画和石刻来储存文字。然而,只在埃及地区产出的纸莎草却为人们在获取和使用时带来更大的便利。

This 'local' bonus will now stack in the entire province, effectively rolling the provincial capital bonus and the province bonus that used to be present, into one.
现在这种“本地”加成会在整个省份中叠加,有效地将省份首都加成和之前的省份加成合并为一个。

Capital surplus has remained untouched, as this was always a pretty cool way of contributing to the uniqueness of your nation, choosing which goods to 'spec' your country with.
首都盈余保持不变,因为这始终是一种很酷的方式来影响你的国家的独特性,你可以从而选择使用哪种商品来使得你的国家“脱颖而出”。

Export bonus has been entirely removed, as this was something that was the hardest for me personally to rationalize, and added another layer of decision-making to every trade offer or deal with a foreign nation.
出口加成已经被完全移除,因为对于我个人而言这是最难合理化的东西,并且还会在每笔与外国进行的要约和承诺中都增加了另一层决策。

What the eagle-eyed amongst you will notice, is that it has been replaced with a Base Value. This base value is related to the value of the good itself - Papyrus commands a hefty price of 0.4 gold per month, whereas Leather is valued at 0.15 gold per month.
诸位中眼尖的朋友会注意到,出口加成已被替换为一个基本值。这个基本值与商品本身的价值有关——纸莎草的价格高达每月0.4黄金,而皮革的价格为每月0.15黄金。

当前收入
一条进口路线将0.15商品价值乘以35.00%。
0.05的结果价值接着得到以下修正:
民政科技进步:+5.00%
统治者智略:+18.00%
这条贸易路线当前每月提供给我们的黄金。

Importing a tradegood will earn you only 35% of the value of the good, and internal trade even less. Exporting is where the true value lies, with 100% of the trade taxes flowing directly to your coffers. It's important to remember here, that as the government of your nation, you aren't purchasing the import of a trade good; you're encouraging the creation of private trade in that material from A to B. There is no reason you'd be paying to import material, although the taxes you earn will be less to simulate the amount being spent to keep the route running at your behest.
进口贸易商品只会使你赚到商品价值的35%,而国内贸易甚至赚得更少。出口才是真正价值所在,100%的贸易税直接流向你的金库。务必记住,作为你国家的政府,你不是在购买商品进口,而是在鼓励从A到B建立起这种商品的私人贸易。尽管为了模拟你在维护贸易路线运作所消耗的财富,你所赚得的税款会变得更少,但你还是没理由为进口商品付费。

That's about the extents of the tradegood rework I had planned. Let me know what you think in the comments below, and as usual, everything you see is WIP; especially numbers!
以上就是我所计划的贸易商品重做的进度。在评论区让我知道你们的想法,而且和往常一样,你所看到的一切都还在施工中;特别是数字!

翻译:狸狸狸狸狸 twhhome
校对:斯普特尼克 三等文官猹中堂

欢迎关注UP主和斗鱼主播小牧Phenix!
欢迎关注牧游社微信公众号和知乎专栏!微信公众号近期改版为信息流,欢迎置顶订阅不迷路,即时获得推送消息!
欢迎加入牧有汉化,致力于为玩家社群提供优质内容!翻译人员募集中!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

上校

积分
威望
金圆券
458 PB
小红花
臭鸡蛋
法币
0 FB

博学勋章帝国黄马甲

发表于 2020-5-22 08:25 | 显示全部楼层
但愿只是在这个版本砍掉,1.6还能找回来
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

上尉

积分
威望
金圆券
2059 PB
小红花
臭鸡蛋
法币
0 FB
发表于 2020-5-22 16:44 | 显示全部楼层
什么时候可以大改贸易系统?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

制置使

积分
威望
金圆券
51599 PB
小红花
臭鸡蛋
法币
7045 FB

P社游戏达人	大设计师勋章国庆节建军节植树节建国日勋章

发表于 2020-5-28 23:31 | 显示全部楼层
3233鬼扯 发表于 2020-5-22 16:44
什么时候可以大改贸易系统?

恒久之国mod中已经对贸易系统大改过了。
不过很奇怪的是,日志里面省份盈余加成和我们的mod一样,改没了。难道真的被p社抄了?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

上尉

积分
威望
金圆券
2059 PB
小红花
臭鸡蛋
法币
0 FB
发表于 2020-5-29 11:47 | 显示全部楼层
hell--fire 发表于 2020-5-28 23:31
恒久之国mod中已经对贸易系统大改过了。
不过很奇怪的是,日志里面省份盈余加成和我们的mod一样,改没了 ...

p社日常抄mode嘛
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|52PCGame

GMT+8, 2024-4-23 20:33 , Processed in 0.060442 second(s), 16 queries , Redis On.